Clubs & Activities
Today’s student is very competitive and wants to keep himself updated on different fields of Career Options and Avenues. So, to be abreast with time and opportunities available, Career Counseling becomes imperative and indispensible. Thus, we had a session of Career Counseling at Dharamjeevi Institute, so that the students can avail the facility and think about the best future for them. This was held on January 10, 2012, at the Campus, and students participated with great interest and enthusiasm to choose their future profession in life. Counseling session was headed by Dr. Shashi Anand, Dean, Department of Commerce, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
He gave us insight into all possible career choices and answered queries of students. Following are the minutes of the session;
Mr. Anand talked about all possible career moves, such as gaining experience before going for further studies or completing the studies before taking up any job. He shared with us the benefits of both the moves.
The students took very active part in the discussion. They asked very relevant and important questions, and these were answered by Mr. Anand very satisfactorily.
He also discussed and informed about the opportunities available, such as start Tutoring, Jobs available in Private Colleges, Government jobs, pursue Research and work in the field of research, oppurtunities of jobs abroad, etc. He gave the details of preparation for various Competitive Exams and eligibility for these available positions and how to go about to apply and appear for them.
Objectives of Career Counselling:-
- Providing detailed information about the prospective Career or Choices.
- Providing several career options and also their Comparative summary, so that the students have a vast range of options and they can pick or choose one best suitable to them.
- Solving the problems of students which they are facing in their respective career.
|1||03-02-2018||Scope after B.Ed. Course in India and abroad|
Composition & Activities of the Ecology Club
The following are the team members of this club:
|Dr. Shalini Rajput||Ms. Suman|
|4||27-11-2011 to 28-11-2011||Training module of Environmental Education|
|7||24-01-2013||Awareness campaign regarding Diseases of Plants|
|8||25-01-2013||Visit to Arjun Herbal Park|
|9||28-01-2013||Extension lecture on Environmental Awareness|
|10||14-02-2013||Poster and slogan Making competition|
|13||04-06-2016||Tree Plantation and Awareness Rally on ‘Save Environment’|
|14||07-10-2016||Tree Plantation and Awareness Rally on ‘Save Environment’|
|15||03-03-2017||Extension Lecture on Life Skills|
|16||27-01-2018||Skills for Health and Happiness|
|17||1-10-2019||Tree plantation and Awareness Rally on “Save Environment”|
Composition & Activities of the Science Club
The following are the team members of this club:
|Ms. Kajal||Ms. Suman|
|1||19-10-2011||Free Medical Camp for Community|
|2||01-12-2011 & 02-04-2012||Aids Awareness Rally|
|3||19-01-2012||Free Dental Check-up|
|4||03-05-2012||Yoga & Meditation Camp|
|5||05-11-2012||Polio Awareness Rally|
|6||25-01-2013||Educational Tour(Visit to Panorma)|
|7||04-02-2013||Model making competition & Lecture on Balance Diet|
|8||24-02-2013||Free Eye-Check up & General Medical Check up|
|9||25-10-2013||Rally against malnutrition|
|10||01-12-2013||Aids Awareness Rally|
|11||03-12-2013||Observing World Disability Day|
|12||01-12-2014||Rally on World Aids Day|
|13||03-12-2014||Slogan writing competition on International Disability Day|
|14||01-12-2015||Aids Awareness Rally|
|15||12-11-2016||Quiz Competition on General science|
|17||3-12-2016||International Disability Day|
|18||16-02-2017||Visit to Arjun Herbal Park|
|20||08-12-2017||Extension Lecture on Health issues or Conditions affect women differently than men|
|21||30-11-2019||Essay writing Competition on AIDS Day|
|22||03-12-2019||Observing International Disability Day|
|23||05-06-2020||Environment Day Celebration|
Community Cell "Sahyog"
Community plays a significant role in developing and modification of the behaviour of the students. Being the integral part of the society, there is needed to organize various programmes which may develop mutual cooperation and understanding between college and community. In Dharamjeevi Institute of Professional Education students are trained to develop healthy relationships among themselves and with the community. Literacy Camp is organized in Sai Mohalla village to educate the rural woman. Students are taken to community visit which include visiting to NGO’s Sarthak, Uddayan, Chetna by gathering first hand experience. Community awareness rally is also undertaken which highlights the burning issues of the day and awaken the general public issues of the day and awaken the general public.
This cell also helps school kids and village children, to make them learn from some educational tips given to them, from time to time. It also helps the needy children in the society, by distribution of stationery.
The cell organized a meeting with renowned person of Village Baghala to tell them that the main aim of this cell is to promote the care and understanding individual needs and to increase awareness among the people regarding Sarve Shiksha Abhiyan to make the villagers aware regarding value of education for everyone, Beti Bachao Abhiyan to bring awareness to the rural women about importance of females or girls, in the society for the success of the nation and how female feticide is creating imbalance in the society.
The cell is organized Safai Abhiyan to make the villagers aware of cleanliness and hygiene in and around their homes and their community. Because the people of village were not completely aware of the kind of diseases and infections they were prone to, by not keeping their surroundings clean and hygienic be taken care of, for the safety of their own chidren. The main aim of this cell is to bring awareness among the villagers, regarding the importance of cleanliness, education, health and to eradicate the whims about superstitions, from their minds. The Cell is functioning fully fledged with support from the college management, Principal and the faculty members from college. The college intends to make a higher impact by involving participation of all interested students from the college.
Composition of Community Cell:
|Dr. Sudesh Taneja||Ms. Suman Rajpal|
|Dr. Meenakshi Sharma|
Activities conducted by the community cell
|1||11th March 2011||Visit to Chetna|
|2||25th Jan 2012||Oath ceremony on Voters' Day|
|3||25th Jan 2013||Oath ceremony on Voters' Day|
|4||11th April 2013||Visit to Sarthak and Uddayan NGO'S|
|5||16th April 2013||Safai Abhiyan in Gurudara and its surrounding areas|
|6||30th April 2013||Awareness Rally on Traffic Rules|
|7||2 May 2013||Show educational movie to motivate the students from village background|
|8||14th May to 24th May||Literacy Camp|
|10||16-12-2014 to 21-12-2014||Literacy camp for Village|
|11||01-10-2015||Awareness Programme in Bagthala|
|12||03-12-2015||Visit to NGO|
|13||15-01-2016||Rally on Safai Abhiyan|
|14||30-09-2016||Awareness Rally on Malnutrition|
|15||21-10-2016||Rally on Cleanliness Drive|
|16||26-11-2016||Awareness Programme among villagers for digitization|
|18||02-03-2017 to 04-03-2017||Scout and Guide camp|
|20||20-09-2019||Rally on Safai Abhiyan|
|21||09-12-2019||Oath ceremony on Anti Corruption Day|
|23||26-01-2021||Online Republic Day Celebration|
'Language Club': A co-operative learning:< >< >< >
Our college formed an 'English language club', with an aim of helping students improve their skills in English language, through various activities. Now it has become an effective source of learning through multiple literary activities. It provides a congenial environment to the teacher trainees to achieve their comfort level in language use, as per the demand of different situations. For this, a Software was purchased and set up in the computers lab., from a company of repute, which teaches the students the language with the help of proper 'sound system', like phonetics.
Aims and objectives:
- To facilitate the communication skills in English language.
- To nurture a sense of leadership, team spirit and co-operation among the students, this will help them to perform better in their career, in future.
- To provide a platform for students, in order to practice and develop their language skills.
- To carry out periodic evaluation of the standard of students in English language and prescribe measures to improve it.
- For better grooming of personality of the students.
- To help students enrich their minds with creative ideas for language excellence.
- To keep them motivated enough for learning language with the help of interesting games etc.
- To promote the pleasures and values associated with intellectual curiosity, creativity and learning.
- Where appropriate, to enable students whose mother tongue is not English, to have access to reinforced instruction, in order to achieve a comparable level of attainment to that of English mother-tongue students in the subject.
- Positively to facilitate the integration of average students into the main stream of class.
- To develop the highest possible standard of competence in written and spoken English
Activities undertaken under this club, includes weekly language sessions, speech, debate, essay writing competition, quiz contest and poetry recitations. In addition to these, extension lectures by experts were also arranged for better assistance in this direction.The scheduled events details were given below:-
|1||10th Feb. 2010||State Level Poetical Symposium|
|2||23rd Feb. 2010||Extension Lecture on Presentation Skills|
|3||7th March||Quiz competition|
|4||20th April 2011||Speech and chart making competition|
|5||29th Sep. 2011||Essay writing competition|
|6||3rd March 2012||Extension lecture|
|7||15th Jan. 2013||Literacy awareness rally|
|8||24th Jan. 2013||Lecture on effective communication techniques|
|9||14-24 May 2013||Literacy Camp|
|10||04-10-2013||Essay writing competition|
|12||14-09-2015||Celebrating Hindi Divas|
|13||19-09-2016 to 24-09-2016||Literacy Camp|
|15||02-03-2017||Extension Lecture on Personality Development of Self|
|16||10-03-2018||Extension Lecturer on Digital Awareness Programme|
|17||15-05-2018||National Level Workshop on “Innovative Pedagogy and Effective Teaching-learning”|
|18||10-08-2019||National Level Workshop on “Teaching for Creative and Critical Thought”|
|19||14-09-2019||Slogan Writing Competition|
|20||09-05-2020||Slogan Writing, Essay Writing|
|21||10-02-2021||Online Poetry Recitation Competition|
The following are the team members of this club:
Grievance & Redressal cell :
As per the discussion in general staff meeting in the office of Respected Principal it has been decided to form a grievance and redressal cell named â€œShantiâ€, to provide peaceful, happy and harmonious learning atmosphere in the college. It has been seen sometimes that little problems which sometimes are not even problems may disturb the regular functioning of an institution just because these create an environment and pressure on the minds of students and teachers which hinder the smooth functioning of an institution. With the aim to provide an end to these confusions and so called problems this cell has been formed. Students and Staff are given chance to express their grievance related to academic matter and also related to any other matter related to college. The Cell will provide a forum for the students to ventilate their grievance related to personal, discipline and college matter etc. Necessary steps will be taken to solve their problems. For this purpose suggestion/ complaint boxes have been installed in the institution in which any one even if he/she wants to remain anonymous, can put in writing their grievances and suggestions for improvement. These grievances will be taken on priority bases and will take quick decisions to solve the problems of the students. To solve the problems of students/teachers the cell will call a meeting with principal and management.
Main objectives of Grievance and Redressal cell:
- Upholding the dignity of the college by ensuring stress free atmosphere in the college through promoting cordial student-student relationship and student-teacher relationship.
- Encouraging the students to express their problems freely and frankly without a fear of being victimized.
- Advising students of the college to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience.
- To maintain congenial working environment for the students.
- Advising teachers to be affectionate to the students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- To analyze the problem & find out suitable solutions.
- To suggest remedial measure to the Principal in order to solve the grievance for the smooth running of the college.
Members of the cell:
|Dr. Meenakshi Sharma||Dr. Shalini|
As we know, Research is an integral part of teaching. With the help of Research Cell, an attempt is made to inculcate research culture and attitude. The College promotes research in education that involves both the teachers and the students and this include action research projects. The research programmes of the college are mainly concentrated on the following areas: Classroom teaching problems, problems related to management and administration etc. Therefore our teachers are actively engaged in research which including doctoral research, institutional research projects etc.
Aims and Objectives:
- To promote intellectual excellence and encourage research scholars to explore the world of educational research.
- To impart knowledge and training of latest technology for teaching.
- To ensure greater participation of teachers in research activities.
- To facilitate meaningful inter linkage of college with research institutes.
- To develop competencies among teacher trainees, research scholars and also with staff members to provide high quality education in accordance with the best emerging trends of developing society
- To undertake Research and Publications, using multi-media and also to participate in collaborative programmes with other institution and agencies for achieving desired goal.
- To make optimum and effective use of existing resources â€“ the human resources as well as infrastructure.
|3||17-01-2017||Awareness Rally on Beti Bachao, Beti Padao|
|4||04-03-2017||Extension Lecture on Women Health in India: Issues and Concerns|
|5||08-03-2017||Women Day Celebration|
|6||15-03-2017||Extension Lecture on Achieving Women Empowerment in India|
|7||21-01-2018||Basant Panchmi Celebration|
|8||08-03-2018||Extension Lecturer on Women Empowerment, Need of the Hour|
|9||27-09-2019||Awareness Rally on “Beti Bacho Beti Padho”|
|13||03-02-2021||Online slogan writing competition|
Connect width linkedlinked
Like Us on FacebookFacebook